Experience increased body performance
Several therapists at Neil King Physical Therapy are trained under the Stott Pilates® method. Through the use of Stott Pilates®, patients will experience increases in many areas of body performance including but not limited to musculoskeletal performance, endurance, flexibility and strength without fear of bulking up. There is a strong focus on core stability exercises as well as correcting body posture. All of this is achieved through the use of over 500 different types of exercises.
By using the Reformer or Cadillac pieces of Pilates exercise equipment, exercises can be made more challenging. Stott Pilates® uses and builds upon the principles first developed by Joseph Pilates, but has evolved over time to become a safer and more effective method of exercise therapy. The Stott Pilates® method works to regain the natural curve of the spine and improve scapular alignment, which makes maintaining proper posture much easier and not as stressful on the body.
Benefits include but are not limited to:
- Longer leaner muscles (less bulk, more freedom of movement)
- Improvement of posture
- Increased core strength, stability and peripheral mobility
- Preventing injuries (including sports injuries)
- Enhanced functional fitness, ease of movement
- Balanced strength and flexibility
- Heightened body awareness
- No-impact and easy on joints
- Being customized to suit everyone from rehab patients to elite athletes
- Complementing other methods of exercise
- Improved performance in sports (golf, skiing, skating etc.)
- Improved balance and coordination
Doctors recommend us because we deliver results. Call us at 844.275.9847 or fill out our Online Request Form to make an appointment. Learn firsthand why we are the doctor’s choice for pain relief. We treat patients from the surrounding areas of Oakland County, Macomb County, and Wayne County.